Job title: Cargo Manager.
Department: Ground Services and Cargo
Reports to: Senior Manager Ground Services and Cargo
1. Job purpose
Lead the development and implementation of strategy and work plans for cargo in both sales and operations areas.
2. Duties and Responsibilities
- Develop and implement cargo operations strategies, programmes and work plans that would deliver revenue and growth in accordance with the business plan;
- Plan, execute and consistently ensure delivery of cost effective cargo sales and related services in line with globally acceptable standards and industry requirements;
- Develop and implement strategic and tactical plans to ensure continuous growth of cargo revenue;
- Direct network expansion to create and maintain capacity for feeding/de-feeding purposes of the hub;
- Analyse and interpret customer revenue and profitability trends using primary and secondary data;
- Provide Cargo operations with customer feedback and initiate process improvement dialog
- Establish pricing of cargo product with Commercial Department
- Responsible for demonstrating prudent expense management and operating with in the budget parameters;
- Maintain a positive and productive working relationship with other departments to ensure cooperation for problem resolution and cross departmental issues;
- Provide regular communication updates both written and verbal on Customer and sales territory performance and trends;
- Build relationships with the trade to deal with freight, mail and perishable goods
- Responsible for all aspects of contract management including demonstrating effective negotiation techniques and regular evaluation of contract performance;
- Continually monitor all competitive tendencies (pricing, product and network related) and recommended strategies to ensure Cargo operations maintain a competitive edge in the market place;
- Has authority to make decisions in determining the safety and security of aircraft upon loading and specific cargo consignment into the aircraft. Such cargo consignment shall be loaded into aircraft when satisfactory company and regulatory conditions are met such that the type of cargo and packing conditions do not endanger the safety and of security of aircraft and its occupants.
3. Education and Experience
- Bachelor degree in business or finance is desirable but not essential
- A minimum of 5 years’ experience in Commercial Operations / the Travel Industry of which a minimum of 5 years at a senior level with a proven track record.
- Experience in planning and managing extensive human and materiel resources.
- Service delivery in demanding consumer perishable environment
- Customer service experience hospitality/airline industry
4. Required Skills and Abilities
- Commercial negotiation skills
- Knowledge of airport services and cargo operations.
- Commercial acumen with an overall knowledge of airline operations.
- Relationship building skills with cargo trade
- An excellent command of the English language (written and verbal) is essential.
- Process oriented
- Knowledge of IATA recommendations to airlines / travel agencies for selling in the market.
How to apply:
- An application letter addressed to General Manager -Human Resources
- Recent and detailed curriculum vitae
- Relevant certificates
- A photocopy of the national identity card
- Two passport photos
- Three current referees
The deadline for submitting application documents is September 12, 2014 at 4 pm local time at the front desk of our head office located at Kigali International Airport, Top Floor building.