Position 2 : Country Manager –Ghana
Reporting: Senior Manager Sales, Western Region
The Country Sales Manager is responsible for sales and marketing activities in his/her respective country. This will include analyzing and formulating sales plans, achieving revenue targets, client acquisition, expanding the distribution network, enforcing systems, people development, building relations with government / external agencies and promoting RwandAir brand and products.
Duties and responsibilities
- Participate in the design to formulate strategic commercial and quality objectives and development ( short ,medium and long term ) of the range of RwandAir Products and Services within the designated region;
- Identify new sales opportunities and take steps to implement them for new revenue streams;
- Develop service trade partners to maximize loyalty and revenue generation;
- Undertake overall responsibility and accountability for the management, control and administration of RwandAir assets, fiscal and marketing policies in Ghana -Accra;
- Build and maintain Country-wide relationships with Government Departments, Regulatory Authorities, Commercial Organisations, Third Party Suppliers and Contractors and ensure conformity with local and international legal requirements, conventions, policies, procedures and regulations;
- Monitor and recommend pricing levels in the country to maximize yield and revenue;
- Maintain overall administrative and budgetary control of the Country;
- Provide adequate and timely feedback to head office on achievements/deficiencies/ market trends/ challenges with recommendation and insights on issues.
- Education and Experience
- University Degree with a minimum of 5 years’ experience in Commercial Operations / the Travel Industry of which a minimum of 2 years at a senior level with a proven track record.
- Sales and Marketing qualification
- Experience with tactical and market pricing concepts
- Experience in Account/relationship management
- Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
- Knowledge of sales, reservations, airport services and cargo.
- Commercial acumen with an overall knowledge of airline operations.
- An excellent command of the English language (written and verbal) is essential.
- Proven track record in airline sales, marketing, reservations and revenue management processes.
- Proven ability to work independently and think strategically
- Initiative to capitalise on and seize business opportunities, negotiating, planning and implementation of short and long term targets.
- In depth knowledge of respective country including how to sell effectively in the market and exhibiting strong cultural awareness.
- Knowledge of IATA recommendations to airlines / travel agencies for selling in the market.
How to apply:
- An application letter addressed to General Manager -Human Resources
- Recent and detailed curriculum vitae
- Relevant certificates
- A photocopy of the national identity card
- Two passport photos
- Three current referees
The deadline for submitting application documents is October 10th 2014 at 4 pm local time at the front desk of our head office located at Kigali International Airport, Top Floor building or on below email address .
General Manager- Human Resources
Kigali International Airport - Main Terminal Building (Top Floor)
Box 7275 Kigali - Rwanda
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
Note: RwandAir is an equal opportunity employer.