|Come, Grow With Us|
RwandAir is interested in hiring a competent person to fill the following position:
Job Title : Distribution and Automation Manager
Reports to : Senior Manager, Promotion and Distribution
Department : Commercial
Location : Kigali
Duties and Responsibilities
• To prepare short and long term business plans and strategies in the area of distribution, ecommerce, BSPs, GDSs and CRSs, systems support, with the objective to maximize performance of system-wide sales activities.
• Develop policies, procedures and guidelines for system users (external and internal) and ensure all adhere to them.
• Manage the design and implementation of distribution channels code of conduct.
• Formulate strategies and guidelines for establishment and utilization of ecommerce and other direct distribution platforms and control their implementation.
• Continuously seek ways to reduce distribution costs to the airline.
• Manage the implementation of new and cost effective distribution channels and tools.
• Formulate strategies for maximizing low cost distribution channels & reduce GDS costs.
• Monitor GDS and indirect sales costs trends and technological solutions and formulate strategic direction in accordance with RwandAir’s plans.
• Review service provider billings and reject all redundant costs.
• Regularly evaluate the cost of communications and IT services used by field office and continuously look for ways of reducing costs.
• Study, recommend and implement major or minor systems applications for RwandAir.
• Closely monitor industry trends and regulatory changes in the area of distribution channel management, ecommerce, CRSs, etc. and ensure WB complies.
• Manage the various distribution channels of the airline and maximize their performance.
• Manage WB’s participation in Industry Settlement Systems, such as BSP, IBCS and ARC.
• Incorporate enhancements on supported applications based on users requests.
• Negotiate with GDS providers to get the best terms for the airline.
• Evaluate and recommend alternative distribution channels.
• Ensure the provision of first level support on SITA application systems – Gabriel Reservations, Ticketing Airfare, inventory, IBE, FFP.
• Ensure all systems have adequate support and coverage at all times and that timely and professional support and problem resolution is provided.
• Coordinate the activation of code share, IET, customer loyalty, interfaces, etc. between other systems and SITA systems we subscribe to.
• Evaluate new systems or functions by GDS and systems providers.
• Work closely with the IT department to propose practical cost effective solutions.
• Ensure software development projects for Commercial are completed in time.
• Periodically review the general IT and systems status of all Commercial offices, including outstations, and improve.
• Develop standards and procedures and recommends policies on system usage.
• Provide periodic management reports on system performance.
• Ensure business definition and models are according to the business needs of the airline.
• Create a good working environment cultivate team work and motivate staff.
• Excellent knowledge of SITA Gabriel CRS, Airfare and Ticketing.
• Excellent knowledge of GDSs and Distribution channel
• Excellent analytical, problem solving, interpersonal and presentation skills
• Strong technical know-how
• Strong investigative and diagnostic skills and understanding of users.
• Ability to multi-task and prioritize; handle heavy workloads and meet tight deadlines.
• Effectively utilizes entire set of standard department applications (MS-Office, Excel )
• Strong verbal and written communication skills
Degree in Mathematics, Computer Science, Statistics, Economics, Business, Finance or any other quantitative oriented discipline and at least 2 years of work experience in the airline distribution and automation field and 2 years as a manager.
How to apply:
• An application letter addressed to General Manager -Human Resources
• Recent and detailed curriculum vitae
• Relevant certificates
• A photocopy of the national identity card
• Two passport photos
• Three current referees
The deadline for submitting application documents is March 24, 2015 at 4 pm local time at the front desk of our head office located at Kigali International Airport, Top Floor building.
General Manager- Human Resources
Kigali International Airport - Main Terminal Building (Top Floor)
Box 7275 Kigali - Rwanda
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
Note: RwandAir is an equal opportunity employer.