|Come, Grow With Us|
Title: Head of Partnerships, Government & Industry Affairs
Aero political responsibility towards increasing and enhancing the company’s traffic rights’ portfolio. Entails interaction with the Government entities charged with International Relations and the Rwanda Civil Aviation Authority, and aeronautical authorities globally. Monitor, analyze and make recommendations on Industry related issues with partners, IATA, ICAO, AFRAA, etc. To implement, manage and develop, airline codeshare partnerships which develop RwandAir’s network reach and produce incremental revenue through feed and trunk route benefits.
• Through the various Government agencies of Rwanda, obtaining access to various markets either for new operations or expansion in existing markets.
• Developing and maintaining strong working relationships with various governments and foreign countries’ civil aviation authorities to effectively lobby for favorable negotiations of desired Bilateral Air Services Agreements.
• Ensuring the airline’s assets (Designation, traffic rights, frequencies, routing rights) are safe guarded at all times.
• Interfacing and lobbying with Government agencies to influence government(s) action for the benefit of the company in Policy formulation and review areas such as taxes, fares & tariffs, licenses, etc.) necessary for continued growth of the airline.
• Direct Liaison with IATA to lobby Government on issues affecting airlines; Taxation, environmental levies, repatriation of revenues, immigration, service providers like airports and Air Navigation Service providers.
• Advising the business on the matters relating to Civil Aviation regulations as well as maintaining a good relationship with all the Governments.
• Building and managing relationships with National and Foreign Governments or their missions and with national and international organizations to articulate and achieve company desired objectives.
• Tracking, analyzing & reporting on RwandAir Performance Targets (Imihigo) and developments in all aero political arena to aid in decision making and seize opportunities for revenue and relationship optimization.
• Conducting long term analysis of economic, political, social and airline industry trends that are relevant to an airline based in Kigali.
• Provide inputs to the development of 1-5 year business plans and long term strategic plan looking at the period 5-10 years out.
• Maintain a close eye on demographic trends related to target customer segments.
• Influencing favorable decision on Kigali International Airport (KIA) Hub and other airports to secure customer and user friendly facilities to convenient locations to meet the needs of RwandAir’s growing and sophisticated clientele.
• Develop and maintain policies and procedures for implementing and maintaining codeshare partnerships and work closely with the Corporate and Strategic Planning Manager to develop and communicate the partnerships strategy.
• Evaluate opportunities for new codeshare partnerships, maintain and develop existing partnerships and negotiate commercial aspects of codeshare partnerships.
• Oversee management of day to day relationships between key WB departments and those in partner airlines.
• Implement and maintain the operational and customer related performance of codeshare partnerships.
• Work with the Corporate and Strategic Planning Manager to formulate an Alliance strategy.
• Develop codeshare strategy and policies, as part of a future overall Alliances strategy.
• Communicate the chosen Alliance strategy within the business.
• Managing in collaboration with the Finance department the annual AFRAA and IATA subscription budgets.
• Assisting the Corporate & Strategic Planning Manager with his duties.
• Minimum degree level qualification in Political Science, Law, Economics, Business, Statistics, or a Mathematical/Science discipline.
• Relevant experience in marketing, strategic planning and/or finance with a government, international or large commercial organization.
• Applicants for this role need to confidently be able to demonstrate a good understanding of airline commercial dynamics gained from broad experience within airline departments such as Operations, Sales and/or Network Planning.
• Should have good knowledge and experience of project management.
• Demonstrable analytical skills and experience of dealing and negotiating with external parties.
• Be confident in making difficult decisions and not afraid to challenge the status quo in order to deliver improved solutions.
• Have the ability to put yourself in the shoes of the customer to correctly anticipate customer needs.
• Thrive on identifying ways to improve business performance and enjoy building long-term influential relationships.
• Good written and oral communications as well strong interpersonal skills are essential.
• A post graduate qualification in Aviation is preferred.
• Good working knowledge of both English and French.
• Strategy & Planning.
How to apply
• An application letter addressed to General Manager -Human Resources
The deadline for submitting application documents is December 10,2015 at the front desk of our Head Office located at Kigali International Airport, Top Floor building or via email@example.com.