JOB TITLE: MARKET DEVELOPMENT SUPERVISOR
Reports to: Market Development Manager
I. Key duties and Responsibilities
• Identifies the various market segments and formulates competitive and suitable product proposition for these segments.
• Coordinates with private businesses, government offices, etc. to develop plans and strategies of promoting Rwanda as a tourist destination.
• Through his/her manager or Sr. manager maintains relationship with government, private and other travel related businesses in local and international markets.
• Coordinates with third party service providers to design and sell end to end travel and tour packages and services to customers through our sales outlets.
• Creates an in-house tours tour operations program.
• Monitors the promotion and sales of WB travel and tour package and reports performance to his/her manager.
• Develops and implements plans and programs to generate passengers business.
• Studies, evaluates and proposes new and innovative product package propositions.
• Studies market trend, seasonality and competitive analysis and prepares periodic product offering targeting specific market groups.
• Follows up events, occasions and other sales opportunities inside and outside of Rwanda and proposes product packages in accordance with the prevailing demands.
• Coordinates with field offices to gather information on events and issues sales leads to potential markets to sell that event.
• Coordinates with all concerned internally to ensure salability of availed product packages.
• Ensures all product packages are well promoted and availed for sales through all appropriate channels.
II. Education and Experience
• Degree in Business, Tourism, Economics, Mathematics, Statistics, Finance or any other relevant discipline and at least 3 years of work experience in tour operations or airline commercial environments.
Diploma in related disciplines with 5 years of experience in airline commercial or in tour operations.
III. Knowledge/Skill Required
• Knowledge of Package Development and Tour Operations
• Excellent coordinator and multi-tasker
• Very good problem solving skills
• Able to work effectively and maintain good relations with a range and diverse group of people: Pricing analysts, Sales people, private tour operators, hoteliers, Managers, Airport personnel and service providers
• Effectively utilizes entire set of standard department applications (MS-Office, Excel )
• Strong verbal and written communication skills
How to apply:
• An application letter addressed to General Manager -Human Resources
• Recent and detailed curriculum vitae
• Relevant certificates
• A photocopy of the national identity card
• Two passport photos
• Three current referees
The deadline for submitting application documents is November 01, 2015 at 4 pm local time at the front desk of our Head Office located at Kigali International Airport, Top Floor building.
General Manager- Human Resources
Kigali International Airport – Main Terminal Building (Top Floor)
Box 7275 Kigali – Rwanda
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.