Aircraft Maintenance Technician
RwandAir, established in 2002 is the National Carrier for the Republic of Rwanda.
RwandAir mission statement is “to provide unsurpassed, safe and reliable services in air transportation, including strategically linking Rwanda with the outside world, while ensuring a fair return on investment.” The majority shareholding of the company is the Government of Rwanda.
RwandAir is interested in hiring competent person to fill the following position:
Job Title : Aircraft Maintenance Technician
Reports to: Maintenance
Department: Maintenance and Engineering
Location : Entebbe-Uganda
Duties and Responsibilities
- Support technical/aircraft handling agencies or personnel during flight transit and night stops.
- Perform FOD checks prior to aircraft arrival in intended parking bays and surrounding areas. Ensure no hazards exist in the areas.
- Provide headset service upon aircraft arrival.
- Meet the on-board mechanic/flight crew and obtain a brief on aircraft status.
- Perform general damage inspection immediately upon arrival and prior to departure.
- Assist crew or engineers in fuelling operations.
- Ensure that all doors and access panels are properly closed/locked immediately prior to departure.
- Provide headset service during pushback, engine start-up and departure.
- Act as liaison with and communicate any irregularities or any other info to the home base/MCC.
- Provide any assistance to crew and on-board mechanic as may be required.
- Perform any other reasonable duties that may be assigned by maintenance management.
Minimum Qualifications & Experience:
- A college Diploma in Aircraft Maintenance and Engineering or completion of an approved apprenticeship program in aircraft maintenance;
- Aircraft Maintenance Engineer’s License without Type Rating (LWTR). Type rating or approved type training on CRJ200/700/900 or DHC6-200/300/400 or B737NG aircraft will be an added advantage;
- Three years aircraft maintenance experience;
- Flexible, motivated and hardworking personality.
5. How to apply:
- An application letter addressed to General Manager -Human Resources;
- 2 Recent Curriculum Vitae;
- 2 Relevant notified certificates;
- A photocopy of the national identity card;
- Two passport photos;
- Three referees
The deadline for submitting application documents is September 5, 2016 at 4pm local time at the front desk of our head office located at Kigali International Airport, Top Floor building or on below email address. Email: Recruitment@rwandair.com
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
Note: RwandAir is an equal opportunity employer.
NB: Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.