JOB TITLE: Chief Internal Auditor
Responsible for ensuring the compliance of the organization in relation to financial, operational and legal and regulatory requirements, as well as issues of corporate governance.
• Ensure orderly development, implementation and management of internal audit services to the highest industry standards.
• Oversee and implement strong controls in managing all company assets, stocks of materials, tools and finances to ensure that there is complete compliance with statutory audit and financial reporting guidelines.
• Develop and maintain budgetary and stock control systems to ensure close monitoring of all company transactions.
• Ensure that sound, accurate, reconciled and up-to-date stocks and financial records, replete with all supporting documents, are kept to facilitate preparation and production of annual accounts that meet management reporting standards and statutory requirements.
• Review periodic management reports (accounts/statistics) and prepare commentaries for the top management to highlight financial performance against the agreed audit guidelines and recommend actions to contain any deviations.
• Carry out periodic audit assignments within the company and help all budget holders in ensuring compliance.
• Design, develop and maintain internal audit systems, procedures and processes, which ensure that all accounting documents in the company provide systematic audit trails of all transactions to facilitate effective management control and follow up.
• On an annual basis, prepare a systems and financial audit timetable to review implementation of audit guidelines in the day to day management of company operations and present the reports and recommendations to the audit committee for adoption and implementation.
• Continuously review formulation and implementation of operational controls in all operating departments to detect and prevent any errors.
• Education and Experience
• Degree in Management with specialization in finance or accounting
• Professional accounting Qualification ACCA, CPA, CA or CIA
• At least 5 years Managerial experience preferably in practical audit
• He/she must similarly be computer literate.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES
• Strong communication and presentation skills
• Fluency in English, French and Kinyarwanda
• Analytical thinking
• Good Interpersonal skills
• Conversant with financial operating systems and procedures
• High level of Integrity and Confidentiality
• Attention to detail
• Sound understanding of management reports
HOW To APPLY:
• An application letter addressed to General Manager -Human Resources;
• Recent Curriculum Vitae;
• Relevant certificates;
• A photocopy of the national identity card;
• Two passport photos;
• Three referees
The deadline for submitting application documents is July 7 ,2016 at 4pm local time at the front desk of our head office located at Kigali International Airport, Top Floor building or on below email address.
NB: Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.