JOB TITLE: Communications Officer
Responsible for the public relations aspect within the airline. Builds and sustains the company’s reputation for quality, reliability, and customer satisfaction. Writes and delivers press releases and handles all communication sent to the public.
2. KEY RESPONSIBILITIES
• Manage the airline’s brand and reputation from strategic planning to tactical activities;
• Develop and maintain positive media and public relation portraying RwandAir as a responsible corporate citizen;
• Ensure public views the organization favorably for increased customer retention and loyalty;
• Build and constantly update the airline’s media database;
• Prepare and dispatch press releases;
• Coordinate media interviews with company reps. and ensure all opportunities are fully vetted;
• Ensure effective media coverage of the airline’s events/initiatives on traditional and new media;
• Develop, implement, and constantly review the airline’s corporate communication strategy to achieve the highest level in effective communication, customer preference, and satisfaction;
• Manage the airline’s social media accounts and constantly develop creative content optimized for search engines and designed aimed for brand awareness, increased audience;
• Develop strong relationships with media reps;
• Develop and maintain regular publications such as newsletters, releases, and email announcements, inflight magazines for both internal and external communities;
• Coordinate events planning and management;
• Conduct and disseminate market research info for product development and positioning.
3. JOB REQUIREMENTS:
Education and Experience
• University graduate in Communications, Journalism, Marketing or related fields;
• At least 3 years of experience in communications.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
• Commercial acumen with an overall knowledge of airline operations;
• An excellent command of the English and French languages (written and verbal) is essential;
• Proven ability to work independently and think strategically;
• Initiative to capitalize on and seize business opportunities, negotiating, planning and implementation of short and long term targets;
• In depth knowledge of general market dynamics including exhibiting strong cultural awareness;
• Excellent oral and written communication skills;
• Ability to work under pressure and in a multi-cultural environment;
• Creative and innovative.
4. How to apply:
• An application letter addressed to General Manager -Human Resources;
• Recent Curriculum Vitae;
• Relevant certificates;
• A photocopy of the national identity card;
• Two passport photos;
• Three referees.
The deadline for submitting application documents is May 20, 2016 at 4pm local time at the front desk of our head office located at Kigali International Airport, Top Floor building or on below email address.
NB: Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.