TERMS OF REFERENCE FOR INFLIGHT ATTENDANT AT RWANDAIR
RwandAir, established in 2002 is the National Carrier for the Republic of Rwanda.
RwandAir mission statement is “to provide unsurpassed, safe and reliable services in air transportation, including strategically linking Rwanda with the outside world, while ensuring a fair return on investment.” The majority shareholding of the company is the Government of Rwanda.
RwandAir is interested in hiring competent person to fill the following position:
Job Title: Crew Scheduling Officer
Reports to: Head of Crew Scheduling
Department: Flight Operations
Location : Kigali
1. Duties and Responsibilities
- Fully take charge of Managing and Publishing Flight Deck and Cabin Crew rosters;
- Manage all training activities associated with Flight Crew training to ensure that training plan are not delayed;
- Essentially but not exclusively on a 48 hours basis and make short term plans to obtain optimum utilization of manpower with RCAA rules and company policies as well as recovery of published training plans to minimize delays and associated costs;
- Required to have constant communication with the Fleet captains/Chief Pilot/OCC manager and Head of in-flight to ensure that all parties know the implication of operational decisions;
- Analysing options and choosing the right recovery according the current situation is compulsory;
- Liaise with both Fleet Management and Service Delivery Management &Training Admin to ensure an uninterrupted;
- Handling of crew sickness, personal calls, information from the clinics, flight crew of flight and other duty changes;
- Advise operations controller on duty of any unusual situations that may arise especially in regard to reconciling equipment type changes to a layover station and ensuring the correct qualified flight and cabin crew are in place to operate;
- Advise display full and intimate knowledge of RCAA mandatory legalities and use this knowledge to the maximum benefit of the company;
- Monitor and Manage crew qualifications,medicals,and pilot recency in our system to ensure that they are accurately reflected;
- Planning and Maintaining crew roster to include training, days off ,standby and holidays;
- Accepting flight crew days off requests for authorization;
- Maintaining aircraft schedules in conjunction with the commercial department;
- Preparing of pilot utilization and aircraft utilization required for planned schedules;
- Record keeping of flight crew duty and flight time;
- Calling of Standby crew in the event of change or no show crew among other responsibilities as stipulated in the operations manual.
- Ensure hazard and Occurrences are reported.
2. Desired Profile: Required education and experience:
- Bachelor degree in Applied Sciences, Engineering and IT;
- Computer Literate;
- Knowledge of RCARs;
- 1 year’s minimum experience in Aviation/Airline industry;
- Good communication skills;
- Understanding of schedules and fleet operations;
- Computer literate;
- Ability to respond quickly to change and work under pressure.
3. How to apply:
- An application letter addressed to General Manager -Human Resources;
- 2 Recent Curriculum Vitae;
- 2 Relevant notified certificates;
- A photocopy of the national identity card;
- Two passport photos;
- Three referees
The deadline for submitting application documents is September 5, 2016 at 4pm local time at the front desk of our head office located at Kigali International Airport, Top Floor building or on below email address.
NB: Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.