Job Title : Electrician
Department: Administration and Support Services
Location : Kigali International Airport
Duties and responsibilities
• Install, maintain, and repair electrical wiring, equipment, and fixtures;
• Assemble, install, test, and maintain electrical or electronic wiring, equipment, apparatus and fixtures, using hand tools and power tools;
• Diagnose malfunctioning systems, apparatus, and components, using test equipment and hand tools, to locate the cause of a breakdown and correct the problem;
• Connect wires to circuit breakers, transformers, or other components;
• Inspect electrical systems, equipment, and components to identify hazards, detects, and the need for adjustment or repair, and to ensure compliance with codes;
• Test electrical systems and continuity of circuits in electrical wiring, equipment, and fixtures, using testing devices such as ohmmeters, voltmeters, and oscilloscopes, to ensure compatibility and safety of system;
• Maintain current electrician`s license or identification card to meet governmental regulations;
• Plan layout and installation of electrical wiring, equipment , and fixtures, based on job specifications and local codes;
• Direct and train workers to install, maintain, or repair electrical wiring, equipment, and fixtures.
• Prepare sketches or follow blueprints to determine the location of wiring and equipment and to ensure conformance to building and safety codes;
• Use a variety of tools and equipment such as power construction equipment, measuring devices, power tools, and testing equipment including oscilloscopes, ammeters, and test lamps;
• Install ground leads and connect power cables to equipment, such as motors.
• Perform business management duties such as maintaining records and files, preparing reports and ordering supplies and equipment;
• Repair or replace wiring, equipment, and fixtures, using hand tools and power tools;
• Place conduit (pipes or tubing) inside designated partitions , walls, or other concealed areas, and pull insulated, wires or cables through the conduit to complete circuits between boxes;
• Construct and fabricate parts, using hand tools and specifications;
• Fasten small metal or plastic boxes to walls to house electrical switches or outlets;
• Perform physically demanding tasks, such as digging trenches to lay conduit and moving and lifting heavy objectives;
• Provide preliminary sketches and cost estimates for materials and services;
• Provide assistance during emergencies by operating generators, placing flares and driving needed vehicles.
Requirement for Qualified Electrician
• Degree Certificate in Electricity;
• 5years experience in building maintenance (in electrical equipment and installation);
• Should have Generator maintenance and troubleshooting skills;
• Should have Power back up maintenance and troubleshooting skills;
• Air conditioning maintenance and troubleshooting skills;
• Plumber installation and troubleshooting skills
How to apply:
• An application letter addressed to General Manager -Human Resources;
• 2 Recent Curriculum Vitae;
• 2 Relevant notified certificates;
• A photocopy of the national identity card;
• Two passport photos;
• Three referees
The deadline for submitting application documents is December 2, 2016 at 4pm local time at the front desk of our head office located at Kigali International Airport, Top Floor building or on below email address. Email: Recruitment@rwandair.com
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
Note: RwandAir is an equal opportunity employer.
NB: Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.